Yogurt is a delicious food item that may not be unlike by anyone. People around the world enjoy the rich taste and health benefits of yogurt. It is one of the best choices of health conscious people. Yogurt is obtained by curdling milk via added active bacteria to milk and left it overnight. Some of the yogurt health benefits are conditional that are based on the type of yogurt you eat as probiotic yogurt offer different benefits than pasteurized one. The yogurt that has experienced minimal processing is the best of all. Here are certain health benefits of regular yogurt consumption:
- Yogurt is highly rich in calcium however the amount of calcium depends on the brand or type of it. It’s also a perfect source of protein. Protein considers the building block of the body. Protein keeps us full for longer and helps in curbing our appetite. This particularly helps those who are struggling to reduce their weight.
- The lactic acid in yogurt helps in the absorption of calcium. The certain yogurt brands that are added with vitamin Dare beneficial for the skeletal frame of the body. It helps in preventing Osteoporosis and prevents any bone disorders.
- The inclusion of probiotics or the good bacteria in yogurt helps improving the digestive health. These live cultures live in the digestive tract and reducing the harmful microorganisms that cause problem with digestion. These probiotic qualities of yogurt can reduce bloating in the body by killing undesirable live culture growth in one’s body.
- Yogurt also helps in gastrointestinal conditions such as inflammatory bowel disease, constipation, lactose intolerance and others. The live cultures in probiotic yogurt provide relief to multiple stomach disorders.
- Yogurt significantly increases the good cholesterol in the body. This is another remarkable benefit of consuming yogurt daily that it enhances the heart health by reducing bad cholesterol and lowering the blood pressure. Potassium is the main factor in yogurt that helps in maintaining blood pressure by reducing excess sodium in the body.
- Regular yogurt consumption will promote low body fat. It has been proved by studies that yogurt promotes weight loss. It speeds up the metabolism and minimizes the loss of muscles. Muscles help you burn more calories throughout the day. The feeling full factor of yogurt consumption has been discussed before that aids in weight